Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Clean It Up

Company is coming from far away.
Mom says, "Let's clean up this house!"
Everyone scatters their separate ways,
The kids are suddenly quiet as a mouse.

There's 10 pairs of shoes in the living room,
And the legos are covering the floor.
Someone please help this tired momma,
I can't take this mess anymore!

The big kid's room was not so bad,
Now that the trap set takes up all his space.
He was done in a mere twenty minutes,
And then flaunted it right in his brother's face.

The little guy, on the other hand,
Is a little less clean when he plays.
If I made him stay until he was finished,
He wouldn't have come out for over 5 days.

The floor needs mopped, and the toilet needs scrubbing.
The kids really aren't volunteering.
I understand, I was a kid once too,
But is that really fighting I am hearing?

Time for mom to get a bit creative,
And initiate a fun little plan.
Every negative word equals a cupboard to clean.
Neither of the boys were really a fan.

But the boys began to change their attitudes,
And became a little less mean.
So either we will have polite behavior,
Or my kitchen will be very clean!

No comments: