Sunday, March 16, 2014

Not One Single Picture

I can't believe we spent the entire first day on the slopes and did not take one picture. 

I will say, though, of all of the activities to participate in while taking pictures, skiing does not rank high on the "easy" list. 

The most frustrating part of the day:

It takes at least 95 hours of preparation before you even see the snow.  Rental  lines, lift tickets, fittings, sunscreen, 14 layers of clothing, getting the ski boots on, learning how to walk around in those obnoxious boots, stuffing pockets with snacks, etc., etc., etc.

The most predictable parts of the day:

My husband has to be the most patient individual on the face of the planet.  The rest of us are skiing idiots, so he had to do all the work.  Not to mention, he wanted to teach the boys how to ski, so no dropping them off at ski school.

The oldest child is our cautious one.  He took it easy, making sure he had control, and figured out how he could improve each run he went on.

Our youngest child is anything but cautious.  He was more concerned about speed and how many times he could ride back up to the top.

And me? I'm still bad.  And I still despise the chair lifts. And I think I would prefer a good book, a laptop, and a warm ski lodge.  That's all.

The funniest part of the day:

The teenage girls hitting on my 8 year old and telling him how crazy cute he is.  There was a ski competition going on, and during lunch my little guy leaned over and whispered to me, "Mom, that table of girls thinks I'm cute." I thought he was having a major ego moment, but sure enough, soon they started talking to him and telling him that he was adorable.  He was embarrassed, and I could barely contain my laughter.

The best part of the day:

Both boys loved it, which was the whole point of the trip, so all is well.

No broken bones, which makes Day 1 a success.

No comments: