Sunday, March 18, 2012

Entering the 21st Century

I have made the plunge.

I can't quite decide if I like it yet.

I have now had an iPad in my possession for two days. That part I LOVE. However, last night I made a huge shift that might be a bit of a stretch for me.

I love reading. I could spend an entire day curled up with a good book.

"Curled up with a good iPad" just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

But...I'm giving it a shot. Last night I realized that I haven't yet ordered my textbook for a class that starts in a week. Something tells me that my School Law professor would not be impressed with a student showing up unprepared.

Then it hit me...iPad...apps....problem solved.

Download app.
Register app.
Purchase book.
Open app.
Voila.

Saved $15.00

But...I'm still skeptical. I like to highlight, write notes, underline, bookmark....be ONE with the book.

Most of all, I'm sad that I won't have a book to add to my collection on my bookshelf.

Dumb, I know.

Maybe someday I'll catch up with the times.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Brian loves his. I got it for him for his birthday last year. I've been reading on e-readers for several years now. You should be able to highlight with it. Enjoy! They're amazing!!