Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This and That

I'm so busy this week I cannot even come up with an original title for my post. Thanks, Casey, for not disowning me as a friend for stealing yours. Actually, I'm being a bit presumptuous with that comment, since I didn't actually ask permission or know how she might react. So, Casey, if you are going to disown me for that, could you at least send me a nice little note before you unfriend me? I hate to be left hanging in suspense.

This week we brought new bedroom furniture home from my brother's house. He is moving soon (more on that later in the week), and the king size bedroom set did not fit very well in his little Saturn. My brother did not bother to ask us before setting his moving date, can you believe it? This is the first week of teacher in-service, the last full week of summer, and the week my husband is in charge of a major go-live software conversion at his place of employment. Needless to say, my entire house looks like the bedroom threw up all over it.

Anyhoo....my parents were gracious and came to help my husband unload all of the furniture while I was at a three hour church meeting last night. I was thoroughly embarrassed that they were going to walk into my extremely trashed house, and secretly hoping that my mother would feel sorry for me and do the dishes. {Sigh}. The good news is that the furniture was all placed nicely in the room by the time I got home. The bad news is that I have no idea where my socks are.

This weekend we are going camping for one final hurrah before school starts. Four adults. Six kids. That kind of parent:child ratio always makes me a bit nervous. What makes me even more nervous is the lake we are going to. Two months ago it had a major algae issue and all the swimming beaches were closed. Last month it tested high for e coli. E COLI. The beach closed and then reopened a few days later. It's been open ever since, but still....we will spend roughly 70% of our days in the water swimming and jet skiing. Ick.

I have been eating nonstop. I cannot figure out what is wrong with me. Nonstop carrots and celery would not be a problem, but the theme seems to be nonstop COOKIES. This may turn into a BIG problem, literally. But, maybe I'll just go jump in the lake for a little e coli. That oughta curb my appetite for awhile.

1 comment:

Casey said...

HA! I've always said...great minds think like me! (should be I, actually!) :o) Love the post! Sorry that you can't find your socks. Did the dishes get done?