Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Countdown

Today is August 11. School starts in 15 days. Fifteen days!?

I know I shouldn't complain. Some schools around here start next week. Some have already started. But still, where in the world did summer go?

There is so much to do....oh, SO MUCH to do before school starts. Here is my 'back to school' countdown:


15 Teacher Objective Folders to create.

14 Weeks of Spelling activities to plan.

13 Math files to sort and organize.

12 Hours of scrapbook time on Saturday!

11 Grades of Standardized Test scores to graph.

10 Days until my brother moves far, far away :(

9 Days until we go to the lake for one last summer bash.

8 Hours (approximately) of planned time with my brother before 1,726 miles separate us.

7 Stacks on my desk at school to tackle.

6 Folders of writing information to read and process.

5 Days of Teacher In-service meetings to sit through.

4 Pieces of furniture to haul from my brother's apartment to my bedroom.

3 Levels of Phonemic Awareness activities to create.

2 Orthodontic consultations for my 7 year old. $$Cha-ching$$$

1 Child to convince that going back to school is a great thing!

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

Wow. I need a nap just reading this. Orthodontics already? Whoa. My condolences. lol