Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Week Gone

It's 6:25 a.m. I've been up since 5:54 a.m. That should be illegal.

Another crazy week has passed us by. Here's what we've been up to:

**Bible School. Swimming lessons. Dentist appointments. Hair cuts. Swimming. Baseball. Sleep.

**The dog has been taken over by flies. They are biting her ears and driving her completely crazy. The vet instructed me on what to get for her and how to apply the ointment and the spray. I'm pretty sure I could sell tickets for all the entertainment potential this process provides. If it weren't for the kids, I would wave a white flag, let the flies take over, and let the dog go. ICK.

**Yesterday we told the kids we would take the SeaDoo to the lake as soon as the new battery was done charging. Our guess was around 2:00. "Charge Complete" at exactly 7:02 p.m.

**Since we had to cancel the lake trip, we headed outside to play baseball. My reward for this was a line drive right to the leg. I now have a sore leg and a lovely bruise the size of a.......uh......baseball.

**Harvest should be starting any day now....as long as the combine can float and cut wheat at the same time. It's not like I'm dying for harvest to start, but ripe wheat and tons of rain make for grumpy people.

**My favorite conversation this week -- while in the boys' bedroom:

4 year old: Isn't that cool, mom?

Me: Yes, it is.

Him: Isn't it extremely cool?

Me: Yes, extremely cool.

I still have NO IDEA what he was talking about. I just hope it didn't involve scissors, glue, or paint.

No comments: