Saturday, March 27, 2010

My (Job-induced) favorite things

This is a huge week. As was last week, and several weeks before that. Tomorrow is the day I have been working toward for a very long time - roughly 2 1/2 years.

Tomorrow a 9-person accreditation team walks through the doors of the school for a preliminary meeting with the administration and board before they begin the intense process of tearing apart scrutenizing evaluating the school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Why I said yes to being in charge of this, I do not know. My colleagues have decided that I am a glutton for punishment and a lot crazy. I have decided that I agree with them.

I've noticed several people posting their favorite things lately. Here are mine from the past couple of weeks.


1. The computer. I spend an exceptional amount of quality time with this machine. If my computer was a man, my husband would have reason to worry.

2. Sugar. Which has posed a bit of a problem since I gave up desserts for lent. "Dessert", I have discovered, is somewhat of a relative term. Brownies, ice cream, cookies, and pie are desserts. Chocolate chips and skittles are not.


3. Curriculum guides and self-study documents. These are not my favorite items by choice, but when calculating the amount of time I have spent with these over other things, I could not in good conscience leave them off the list.
4. My pillow. I do not see this precious commodity near enough, but I have high hopes for some quality bonding time in the near future.

No comments: