Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Week Down

The first "week" of school is in the books.

And by "week", I mean two-and-a-half days.

Two-and-a-half great days of seeing smiling students, talking with families, spending time with teachers, and hanging out for a few hours at high school retreat. 

Every time the kids walk through the door, my heart is filled with the importance of why we do what we do.

In the midst of the busyness of the first morning, I snagged a couple of shots of my boys.  The oldest started 6th grade.  Here he is with his super sweet teacher.
 

`

The youngest started 3rd grade.  I have a great pic of him with his wonderful teacher as well, but I couldn't get it to load. Here he is outside of his classroom.


The first day of school also brought a "selfie" challenge by one of my colleagues to see which of us could take the most selfies with students.

Thanks to the challenge being posted on Facebook and Twitter, I had elementary students walk in the front door and ask if they could take a selfie with me before they went to their classrooms.  It completely made my day!

My colleague rocked the challenge by taking pictures with entire hallways of students.

I had been taking pictures one by one, so I had to up my game and jump on the bus with the kids at the end of the day to take a shot with a bus full of students before they left for home. 

Here we both are trying to take a selfie at the same time with one of our seniors.



I'm pretty sure it defeated the purpose to have us both in the picture...

...but we still had fun.

All in all, it was a great first "week". 

Looking forward to many more!


No comments: