Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unexceptable

There is a Dairy Queen in Chillicothe, Missouri, that we stop at nearly every time we travel to or from Illinois. This DQ brings out the inner child in me by still offering cherry dip ice cream cones, which were my absolute favorite as a kid.

On Monday afternoon I insisted on an ice cream stop at my tried and true DQ. I almost could not force myself to go in and pay money to this establishment after seeing their sign.


Not only is the "store hours.....HOURS" a bit redundant, but the fact that they no longer except checks is unexceptable. I was ready to march up to the counter and sweetly inform them of the error of their ways, accept my friends would not except my passion for this and thought my behavior was embarrassing and unexceptable.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad about where this post went. I was a little nervous just reading your title!

And I notice you did say that you ALMOST couldn't force yourself to give them money. Cherry dip cones, in my estimation, win over grammar errors every day!